5/23/2010

Saturday Stroll, or Sunny Days Are Here Again


Yesterday was the first warm, truly springy day Chicago has seen in quite some time. Not ones to pass up an opportunity to soak up some sun, Chris and I took Raggy on a nice long walk around the lakeshore. Two of my favorite spring/summer staples are scarves and denim cut-offs, and this sunny Saturday was the perfect opportunity to don both.

Scarves are such a great accessory because there are a million ways to wear them. This silk scarf was a gift from Mom from her trip to Seattle last summer. The hand painted silk is incredibly soft and pliabl
e, and the luscious combo of brown and caramel tones come together in the most amazing tie-dye print.


The Chicago lakefront can be quite windy, so I have a feeling that head scarves will be a fixture in my wardrobe this summer. Those who know me well will agree that I'm a sucker for a bohemian, gypset vibe, so that last declaration will come as no surprise.




No comments:

Post a Comment