9/03/2010

The WeHo Dilemma

I'm going to a birthday party at a bar in WeHo tonight.  I haven't been to that neighborhood yet, so I'm looking forward to some new scenery.  Part of the anticipation and excitement of a fun evening is choosing the night's costume.  Normally, my process is super last-minute, with clothes flying all over the room, but today I took a different approach.  

There are a few fall pieces I have been dying to pull out of storage, so I built a look around each of them. 

Option #1: Sequin Jacket  I am a total sucker for sequins and all things drape-y, so you can imagine how much I love this jacket.  It's not exactly fall weather in L.A., so I've paired it with a bandeau and silky shorts to keep things breezy.  The peekaboo nature of this look is very appealing because it's not something I normally do. 

Aqua silky shorts, Aqua sequin jacket, Express bandeau, black patent heels - label unknown




Option #2: Olive Green Velvet Mini
  There were tons of Military (Burberry Porsum, anyone?) and Velvet (I'm talking to you, Alexander Wang) looks sent down the F/W'10 runways, and this skirt combines both trends in the most feminine way.  Once again, I had to incorporate something flow-y/drape-y, and this t=shirt is pretty much my  go-to these days.  To finish things off, I had to pull out my nude heels because they haven't gotten much love lately, and they are the BEST leg-lengthener a 5'3'' girl could ask for (well, aside from some YSL Tributes, but those will have to wait).  

Forever 21 top, H&M skirt, Express bandeau, Aldo heels, Hype bag, Banana Republic cuff


Option #3: Leather Skirt This skirt and silk kimono robe were both purchased at a random thrift store in Wicker Park last summer.  They work so well separately, but together they make me fell like a total d 70's-era disco-rocker.  I had the skirt reworked a few months after purchase because it was a little too long.  Now it's the perfect length for day or night.  I can't wait to try it out with a crisp white button down for that minimalist look I'm loving more and more. 

 
Thrifted silk kimono robe & leather skirt, Mossimo skinny belt, black patent heels - label unknown, giant silver-coated lucite knuckle ring - label unknown


UPDATE: In the midst of writing this post, I submitted all three options to Meghan and Zvez, my dear friends and favorite style advisers.  They both voted for look #1, which was also my secret favorite.  Can't wait to don this little number and head out for an evening of birthday revelry. 
 
Till next time....Ciao, bellas! 

1 comment: