10/21/2010

DIY Madness - Head Case, Part 2

As promised, dear readers, I present you with the outcome of yesterday's DIY turband* project.


Once the cutting and sewing was over, I knew this piece needed some sparkle. I have been trying to re-purpose a pair of clip-on earrings that have been lying dormant in my jewelry box for years, and this was the perfect opportunity. Once I sewed one of those little suckers on the front of the turband, the project felt complete.  

For its public debut, I styled my DIY gem as part of a bohemian look.  I can think of so many outfits that will benefit from the addition of this turband, though, and I can't wait to play around some more! 



Self-designed turband, gifted faux fur & suede vest, thrifted J Brand jeans,  Truly Madly Deeply tee, vintage clutch, Nine West boots, misc. jewels

I had such a blast making my new headdress and seeing it come to life when paired with an ensemble.  I encourage all of you to dust off those old pieces in your closet that never see the light of day and find out what else you can make with them!



*Editorial note: A turband is a turban-headband hybrid. Chris asked me last night if I had intended to write "turband" instead of "turban."  Just wanted to clarify in case anyone else out there was wondering the same thing.  




Photo credit: Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment