11/08/2010

Some Holiday Dressing For Your Salad

November is in full swing, and the holiday party invites are starting to come in. I think I had my holiday party attire planned from the moment I saw Marchesa's SS11 collection (and wrote about it here). Since then, I've been daydreaming of a jumpsuit/bolero/body harness combo for my next yuletide soiree. 

I did some recon on Shopstyle today and came up with a couple of options for a great inspired by Marchesa moment. Check 'em out: 

Option 1: All about the harness. Nothing can really compare to Marchesa's elegant web of body jewelry, but there are a ton of awesome options to sift through on Etsy

Whiting & Davis, Elizabeth and James, Vero Moda
ShopStyle
Elizabeth & James sandals, ASOS jumpsuit, Whiting & Davis minaudiere, Foley+Corinna bolero, Dmetal harness (avail on Etsy)


Option 2: This version is a bit more opulent than the last. And how amazing is this Judith Leiber birdcage minaudiere?  Her pieces are so beautiful, and there really is one for every personality/taste/style/woman. Can she please do a designer collab with some major retailer, so that I can get my hands on even a fraction of this amazingness? 


Arden B, Anne Valerie Hash, Vera Wang, Judith Leiber
ShopStyle
Anne Valerie Hash jumpsuit, ASOS bolero, Arden B belt, Vera Wang sandals, Judith Leiber minaudiere


I'm heading into some uncharted territory by choosing a jumpsuit into this year's holidaywear,but I think the holidays are a perfect time  to play around with your look.  With so much festivity and excitement in the air, it's hard to keep from incorporating some of that into your attire!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment